Healthy Blueberry Chocolate Glaze Cake
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan.
- 1 1/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Chocolate glaze (1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted in micro for 30 seconds or so)
- Blueberries, for garnish
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, mix spelt flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, chia (or flax), and sea salt. Set aside. In a blender, combine water, 1/2 cup blueberries, and balsamic vinegar and blend until smooth, for about 60 seconds. Add the maple syrup and the blueberry mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until completely mixed, being careful not to over mix. Pour into an oiled 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes. Prepare the chocolate glaze by taking a small bowl and adding the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in micro on high for about 30 seconds. Stir to get all the clumps out and immediately pour onto cake, spreading evenly with a spoon. Top with blueberries.